Since AI transforms Health Care, we help biopharma companies to the digital transition
Artificial intelligence (AI) and related technologies are increasingly prevalent in business and society and are beginning to be applied to healthcare. Health care players are using AI to open up powerful new opportunities. These start from the delivery of remote health care services to the early diagnosis of disease and the development of new personalized medicines. Digitalization in the healthcare system will greatly accelerate and enhance our ability to understand a patient’s disease, speed up medical research, and provide better advice to physicians and patients.
Health Care and Artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an amalgam of novel methods for gathering data (including machine vision, speech recognition, and natural language processing), new processing techniques (such as machine learning), and innovative interfaces with the real world (including speech generation and 3D navigation). While the term AI is often used to encompass a broad array of technologies, it should not be confused with traditional business intelligence or business analytics, both of which typically rely on structured data—applying classical statistics such as variances, correlations, and regressions to produce insights for business. AI does more. It harnesses diverse and unstructured data sets and employs novel methods such as neural network to adapt and learn.
AI added value for Healthcare System
Several opportunities have been identified:
- Remote Prevention and Care: Artificial intelligence can be used to serve patients outside their doctor’s office or the local hospital. Virtual agents, for example, can be used to conduct an initial consultation and screen a patient, and identify those who need a treatment. In addition, the development of certain devices will enable patients monitoring.
- Diagnostics Support: Artificial intelligence (AI) can be used as a diagnostic strategy for early detection of the disease. Early diagnosis is one of the biggest challenges and at the same time biggest opportunity in healthcare.
- Drug Discovery and Development: Artificial intelligence (AI) can leverage existing screening results and clinical data to help companies identify and develop targeted drugs, while also accelerating trial design.
- AI—including natural language processing (NLP)—can help automate the writing and reviewing of many health care–related records. This will enable substantial time and costs saving for physicians and payers who spend significant amount of their time on paperwork.
- Marketing and Sales Force: AI can allow both biopharma and medical tech companies to identify providers who are likely to be receptive to the company’s products and create highly effective, personalized marketing messages to reach them.